Do you ever read an article or a blog that changed the whole outlook of your day and your mind kept coming back to it over and over again? I got one of those the other day and I so wanted to share the concept with you. It was about giving yourself permission.
The concept was this: a lot of us were raised to have to ask someone for permission for nice things that we wanted for ourselves when we were children or even things that we needed. “May I go to the restroom?”, “May I be excused?”. Then without realizing it we carried that habit with us into adulthood and then sometimes, we still feel like we need that approval and don’t realize that we can give it to ourselves.
Here are the 10 affirmations that I keep going back to from that email
PUBLISHED BY: The Tapping Solution
WRITTEN BY: Nick Ortner
- “I give myself permission to breathe and become present right here, right now.”
- “I give my brain and body permission to slow down and relax.”
- “I give myself permission to feel my feelings, as they are right now.”
- “I give myself permission to do whatever I need to do in this moment to feel good.”
- “I give myself permission to make time for joy, humor, fun, and rest.”
- “I give myself permission to go at my own pace.”
- “I give myself permission to let go of judgment and criticism about myself and others.”
- “I give myself permission to feel powerful, free, brave, and whole.”
- “I give myself permission to trust myself.”
- “I give myself permission to be right where I am… and I also give myself permission to change and grow.”